As I look at my calendar this morning it would seem that today is, in fact, Thursday. But if it is, as it appears to be, actually Thursday, that fact would suggest that I might have posted a new blog entry by now.
Have I mentioned that it's summertime and I am having a little trouble getting motivated? Also, this week I had a deadline on something else and so the blog fell to the bottom of the to-do list.
This by the way was the to-do list:
1. wake up - With the help of my angry, teething Snood-alarm this item was checked off by 5:45 a.m.
2. brush teeth - See Number 6
3. get dressed - This item surprisingly challenging. If I don't do it before my husband leaves for work there a roughly 50/50 chance I'm spending the day in my jammies. Check!
4. tend snood
5. deadline on other thing - Accomplished in the frantic five-hour stretch when Snoodie was taking out his tooth-related rage on the sitter
6. blog - What can I say? Just not gonna happen.
The good news is I will be back next week with a thrilling and woeful tale! A preview? Sure, why not! It features a forgotten diaper bag, a child-unfriendly barbeque and a whole lot of intra-marital discord!
Here's hoping it's worth the wait....